Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Odds and Ends

I will be posting about each ministry here, soon but I just wanted to post a little note to let you know what I've been up to! Thanks to all the commenters, I just signed up to receive my comments in e-mail, so that should make it easier to respond, but it is sooo encouraging to read your comments. Please feel free to e-mail me at michelleleebissell@gmail.com I love to hear from all of you!

It is still FREEZING here!! Sunday was a crazy day because we went to 2 churches, I'll be posting more about church next week because I will have better pictures. On Tuesday we went to ACTS clinic which is an HIV clinic that has a patient load of 25, 000 people. We were taking one of the mamas and her son there, Mama Elizabeth. I will be posting more about her story after Sunday as well because I want you to have a picture of her family and maybe her home, too!

After ACTS we went back to town to pick up some visitors, and the we drove up the mountain to Msakwaba (spelling subject to change). Msakwaba is an unafiliated church without a roof here is a picture of it


Pastor Marie and her husband are the pastors here. Pastor Marie also heads up the home based care ladies and the children's church, she does all of this with her baby strapped to her back, and he is quite squirmy. Here is a picture of her and him together


The home based care ladies go up and down the mountains to peoples houses praying for the sick and providing any care that they can. Next week I'll be going with them and I'm sure I will have stories. I'm also planning on starting a health database of all the children in the different programs so that when we get the mobile clinic running we will have a baseline for everyone.

I will leave you with a picture of the lovely coffee I can get here : ) Keep the comments coming! Oh, and I deleted the video of the children singing as you can't hear a thing! I will get a much better one for you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting, I also can not wait to hear of your stories from your visits to the mountains. The pictures are GREAT!! :) I am so glad you have some good coffee there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following this great adventure of yours too

    Big Hugs
    Nahra

    Who knows you come back here in Brazil after that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome story's already Michelle! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee looks good : )
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete