Monday, August 3, 2009

Promises promises

Hey guys, I promise I'm going to post some proper stories with pics sometime this week (maybe even later on today). The stories about church and Mama Elizabeth will have to wait until next week, as we didn't make it to the village churches this Sunday, not to worry I have some nice pictures for you with great stories!

My mom wanted me to clarify what a "feeding scheme" is, and I don't blame her as it sounds a bit shady : )

So, the Clau Clau feeding scheme is called to Good Hope Centre and its a mama who feeds the children of her community once a day every day. She has gotten some funding from several sources, and she has some ladies that work with her and helps her to prepare the meals for the kids. About 100 kids are fed there, and for most of them its their only meal. I will post some more pics of that soon, I promise!! They are hoping to buy some land near where they are now, and build a more permanent structure! They also have a little service with a story and coloring and such once a week, we are going to try to get them to do it more often, because the kids enjoy it so much!

This week and next I will be working on getting baseline assessments of all the children in all our projects, so that when we finally get our hands on the mobile clinic we will be ready to serve them! Very exciting!

Also, I lost my camera for a few days, but now I have it back, thank goodness!!! Don't worry nothing exciting happened during that time!

Love to all, and thanks for the comments and e-mails!

Have a great day, and keep your eyes peeled for more posts! (that is kind of a gross figure of speech.....keep your eyes peeled, yuck, now I have a disgusting mental picture of peeled eyes.......)

4 comments:

  1. My eyes are peeled. Thanks for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! It all sounds soooo exciting. How cute are the children? I bet super cute that I would just want to hold and hug them. Love you and praying for you!

    Hey, I had to delete the one comment due to mistake in the comment. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! Peeled eyes! You nut : )
    Glad you are having so much fun! Can't wait to hear more!!!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete