Monday, August 24, 2009

A better post : )

I am in Swaziland right now taking a little break, so I will try to do a few posts with pictures : ) I am working on health education posters, which I am mostly drawing freehand with some tracing, and then coloring in with my trusty crayola 24 pack. This is me with the first poster I finished. Its about dental health, the other ones that I am doing are nutrition, fire safety, baby care, keeping your body safe from HIV/AIDS, and not getting an infection when you get your head shaved....so several topics of which I am now an expert!?!?!?


Here is a picture of a chicken, this is for my mom, because before I left I told her that there were no chickens in Africa, because I wanted her to make eggs for breakfast one morning. She believed me, so just in case there's any confusion there are plenty of eggs and chickens in Africa!


Below are two pictures of my baby and my baby mama. I love them. She is due to graduate high school soon, but she needed a scientific calculator so we got one for her : ) I wish I could take this baby home. I have cried twice just thinking about leaving her.This next one is a picture of princess she is Mama Bongiwe's daughter and she's the boss of me. Don't let her precious face deceive you, this child is the boss of everyone who comes around including her own parents and her sister. She is a benevolent dictator, though, and usually allows me to hold my baby (who she thinks is her baby), and she does have a very precious face
: )I love her. I am so sad to leave all these kids, but at least I will be leaving them worm free!! I purchased 100 deworming pills and I'm going to enlist some of the team that's coming from the USA next week to help me deworm all the children!! I'm sooo excited.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so glad there are chickens in africa, no fried eggs would be a tragedy. I LOVE the pics and their stories. Can't wait to see you machelle :)
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny chicken : ) Great poster! You are quite the artist. LOL!
    The kiddos are definitely very cute! I am certain they will miss you just as much, if not more than you will miss them. You have made a great difference in each of their lives. You are AWESOME!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gram and I loved the pictures. Gram is glad she has a granddaughter in Africa helping out. Take care of yourself. Love ya Gram and Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art work is great!!!!! Will be glad when you are back in the US. I am sure you are excited to have Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Gary coming. LONG trip. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, Am continuing to enjoy your blog. Sounds like you're doing some productive work & having a wonderful time as well. Has the Fort Meyers group arrived?
    Love you, Aunt Faye

    ReplyDelete