Monday, August 17, 2009

This is not an exciting post

Sorry, I'm not on my laptop so I don't have any fun pictures, but on Wednesday or Thursday I'm going to try to go to the internet cafe and post some exciting stories with pictures! I am still busy checking the children at the 4 ministry sites, we are contemplating deworming the kids in Clau Clau (the feeding scheme) and Msokwaba (the church without a roof), so thats something to look forward too : ) Deworming is actually less gross than it sounds, as it involves administering an oral medication (sorry to dissapoint those who were hoping for pictures of me wrassling a worm!!)

Lets see...what else? On Sunday in one of the churches we attended the pastor complimented me for singing along when they sing in their language, so that was funny. Whats really funny is I have no idea what I'm singing....the songs are just easy to follow and I'm used to hearing them : ) Honestly we could be singing Anti-American propaganda and I wouldn't be the wiser!!! That is the church that meets under a tent, and there is a precious kid at this church who always winks at me : ) He, apparently was impressed with my willingness to talk sports with him at length when we first met, and now I can do no wrong in his eyes!!! Maybe I should try this with eligible bachelors??

I've spent the most time with the kids in Clau Clau, so they are especially precious to me, and I find myself thinking about them a lot! I can picture each of their faces and their crazy names!! My favorite crazy name from last week was Events....I wonder what it was about his conception or birth that earned him that name?? I was reading in the paper today about some criminals convicted on some crime or another, and one of the names was Innocent!! I found that to be deliciously ironic, and have already started filing away names for my own future children!

Well, this post is getting too long without pictures so I will sign off for now, and I promise I'll have some good stories in a few days for you : ) Thanks for all the comments, I LOVE them!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I would like a picture of the deworming only if it is exciting. Glad all is going well for you. Think about you alot and sorry I don't e-mail more. I will try to be better. Take care and be careful at all times. Love Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma is here at my house for the week. She says that your mom sent her all the letters and pictures and she is enjoying them. She also sent a copy to Miss Edie. Miss Edie was so happy about hearing about you ans thinks you have a great way with words. Gram is so happy that you feel safe and you can have your coffee. Gram prays for you everyday. Love gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job singing along to all the songs : ) It shows you care, I am sure that is why he pointed it out to you. It is the little things that count. Also, good idea to talk sports to bachelors! You'll have to teach me that trick, as I know nothing about sports! LOL!
    Future baby names! Can't wait to hear them! Please don't pull a Gweneth Paltrow though and have a little Apple Bissell!

    ReplyDelete